See the snow on the distant mountain? I chased it all day and never seemed to reach it! This was the sign at an absolutely wonderful coffee shop run by three women in the middle of no where. We relaxed for at least an hour....and then changed a flat tire before we left. Again, not mine! Not by my biking attire...it hasn't warmed up much!
Lessons for today:
- 42 miles of "flats" can be a bit much...we were actually looking forward to the last 15 miles which had some inclines and declines.
- When you consistently are the last 4 bikers to leave the hotel in the morning and all rest stops, chances are you won't be the first to arrive at the next destination.....We call ourselves the "low riders"!
- We probably cannot continue to eat our way across America if we want to lose weight. But for now we are having fun!
Hey grandma, I love the blog! I think it is great that you are having such a good time. Sorry that i haven't gotten to the e-mailing yet, but I will don't worry. I love you and am so proud of you, more than you know. love you forever. Lindsy
ReplyDeleteGreat job again the past two days! We had read about yesterday's town on the internet and wondered if you would like it? It sounded deserted to us. Glad it turned out okay. Still sounds like you are having fun! Keep it up and soon you will have accomplished your goal. John and Sharon
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed, Patti that you can bike 60 miles a day and still find time and energy to update your blog! Keep it up. I love reading about your adventure.
ReplyDelete